Friday 17 June 2016

Tea For Two



I know this may seem a bit late but I totally forgot to post this box, which was actually a Christmas present for a friend who I work with.

She is a very talented artist and is really making a name for herself in the crafting world, including getting her work onto the television as a designer for Visible Image.

This is an Artist Trading Block and is another piece from the brilliant Calico Craft Parts it measures 4" square.The first thing I need to do was glue together the bottom and three side pieces, I couldn't attach the front and top because I needed to get my hand in to glue everything inside.

I painted the outside of the box using Turquoise Dylusions paint before lining the inside using Graphic 45 Halloween in Wonderland papers.

I used three cotton spools and circles of card to create the table and chairs, adding cups, a teapot and a potion vial to the 'Tea Party' scene.


I attached the front and top, then added the drawer hand onto the top and the charms on the front.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers