Friday, 27 January 2012
I know it looks really, really complicated so pay close attention and I will reveal all.
It's a box canvas with strips of different ribbon glued to it with pva glue! Yes that is all folks nothing difficult, jjust glue and ribbon. The sledge, reindeer and words were cut out using a Cricut machine. Then finally a few buttons glued to the top corners.
So was it worth the wait? Well I like it so I think so yes.
Thursday, 26 January 2012
The first picture is of a small felt purse, it's very simple to make by following the instructions.
1. Cut a piece of light brown felt and a piece of dark brown felt in half, then cut about a third from each of these halves.
2. Cut each piece into a point at one end (2/5ths of the way down)
3. Add a press stud fastener to the two points (you can just see this as a small circle on the beak).
4. Sew the pale brown felt down to the body to create the base for the beak.
5. Put the two pieces of felt together, with the sewn beak on the inside. Now sew the two pieces of felt together at the two sides and the bottom, leaving the top 'flap' loose.
6. Finally turn the whole thing the right way round and sew on the eye buttons.
Wednesday, 25 January 2012
The stamp was one of the Gorjuss girl stamps, she is so cute I couldn't resist her.
The punch is one from the Martha Stewart range.
Then I added a peel off greeting, some spotty ribbon and a few gems.
Tuesday, 24 January 2012
Monday, 23 January 2012
Sunday, 22 January 2012
Thursday, 5 January 2012
This is how my altered phone cover started it's life. It's a really nice purple leather effect slide in phone cover.
On one side I stamped a steampunk design corner from the Inkadinkado clear stamp set, using StazOn ink. I love that this fitted perfectly .
This is the reverse of the cover on to which I stamped the hot air balloon from the same Inkadinkado steampunk set.