Wednesday 15 June 2016

Pretty Little Mermaid


I love the combination of these stamps, the mermaid is from the now closed Sweet Pea stamps and was designed by Elaine Cox. The net behind the mermaid is a Kaisercrafts stamp and the mermaid tails in the background is a Stamp Press stamp.


The first thing I had to do was create the background for the net so it had time to dry off before I stamped onto it, I used the shaving foam and ink method, after a few minutes it was safe enough to stamp the net in a mid green ink.
Next I stamped the mermaid onto a piece of white A7 card and coloured the image using Promarkers in various colours, finally adding a touch of shimmer using a clear Spectrum Noir Sparkle pen.


Finally I stamped the mermaid tails onto a piece of 6x6 green card using versamark ink to give it the watermark finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers