Thursday 7 April 2016

Victoria and her octopus

I had some fantastic stamps a while back and have finally had the chance to use them on a card. May I introduce Victoria and Otto from the brilliant Brian Kesinger.

This steampunk card was made for a friend of mine who has very similar taste to me so I knew she would love it.

I stamped each image onto white card and gave each image a wash effect colour using distress ink, then mounted them onto purple card.
I cut a piece of the same purple card slightly smaller than my card blank, then a piece of green slightly smaller than that. I stamped the tentacle onto each side of the green card using Versamark and embossed with clear powder, this made the image slightly darker than the background card without overtaking the whole card.


After sticking the two pieces of card to my blank I placed the stamped images in the centre so the tentacles appear to be slithering out from behind them.
Next I cut two Cheery Lynn steampunk corners from white card using Versamark ink and metallic brass WOW embossing powder to create the metal effect.


On the top right hand corner I stuck three metal cogs and on the bottom left hand corner I stuck two metal cogs and three paper flowers.


For more adventures of Victoria and Otto you can visit Brian Kesinger's website here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers