Thursday 26 March 2015

We're All Mad Here

I have waited ages to use this stamp set, the Mad Hatter from Alice in Wonderland has always been one of my favourite characters, even before Johnny Depp played him.
I used another favourite character as inspiration for the colour scheme, the Joker from the original Batman film, he gave me the green, purpl and orange of his clothes.


I coloured him in using my Promarkers, then cut him out ready to go on my card.


Next I took three pieces of 6x6 cards, one black, one green and one purple, cutting each piece slightly smaller than the last. Taking the black piece of card I started by stamping the Ha several times in Versamark and embossed them in orange using WOW powder, then I stamped the scribble circles using Versamark and ebossed those using orange WOW powder.


You'll notice that there a few little marks on the black card, I hadn't noticed there were a couple of pieces of powder on it and this is the result of brushing off embossing powder when it is not completely set (I had to be careful with the yellow circles so I didn't burn the orange words) I did manage to fix the problem with a little black Promarker. Phew!



Finally I stamped the words that also come with the Hatter onto separate pieces of white card and mounted these onto a piece of green and a piece of purple.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers