Monday 30 March 2015

Only Got Eyes For You

This year I went a little bonkers on my valentine's card for the other half. I thought I'd have a go at a card I'd seen on Pinterest. It was a little tricky but I got there.


The first thing to do was to cut the heart in the front piece of card, I used an Xcut heart die to create my aperture.  The next bit was the tricky bit, I had to put the aperture card over the base card to get the perfect shape. Easy-yeah? Nope I had to keep the top card lined up until I had the outside edge created becasue I would have been impossible to lay each eye in place if the top card had been stuck down as I was using foam tape to raise it up.






My eyes were a mix of self adhesive and some that needed to be glued into place aaaaargh!
Finally I added some little self adhesive letters to write 'I only have eyes for you'.
I was pleased with the finished card and my young man thought it was wonderful, so success!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers