Thursday 19 June 2014

Steampunk in Lace

As some of you will know I am a big Steampunk fan (any excuse to buy a cog or two). So for my birthday last month I received what I can only describe as a strange flat packed present. When I opened it I had a Huh! look on my face apparently. The packet was a pile of paper some purple lacy things and some nuts and bolts (I kid you not) I was told it was a make your own steampunk goggle kit!
When I opened it this explanation wasn't much clearer.

At first glance the instructions looked complex (no colour pictures) so I politely thanked my friend and put the pieces away to be tackled at a later date. So today was that date and I am now wondering what I was so afraid of.

The first thing was to fasten the lenses to the frame using five little screws (sounds difficult doesn't it), then you fasten the two frames together using the bridge (are you with me so far), then you add two pieces of ribbon! Yes it's that complicated!!!!!!!!


This is a straight on view of the lenses (please excuse the dodgy pic but do you know how difficult it is to photograph something you can see through?


 This is a top view, the detail is amazing and looks fantastic when completed.


You can find this kit and more at Dragonswann Designs facebook page or Dragonswann Designs ebay.

1 comment:

Followers