Sunday 13 April 2014

Guest designer

 Today I have a guest designer for you, or should I say guest designers. The teacher of one of my twins will be starting her maternity leave straight after the Easter holidays so her last day at school was Friday. As a surprise from her class I got the children to make this. (I apologise for the dodgy photos but the glass front made it difficult)

So to start with I took a piece of pale blue A4 card and printed the words onto it, then cut each set of words down to size. Next I took a piece of 12x12 white card and drew three wiggly lines on it. I added to small lines at each end to give it a twiggy look, I stuck the pieces of blue card to each end.


Then came the good bit, each child choose a colour and used their thumb and forefinger to create a head and body. I then wrote the child's name underneath before I forgot (heehee!) I left the whole thing to dry before using a black pen to give each owl a beak, eyes and wings. As you can see I had to get a little creative with the few owls that seem to be wandering off.

I bought a 12x12 box frame from Wilkinsons (as it was the only one I could find) but I took the square of wood out to put the picture in before putting it back to stop the picture slipping.



1 comment:

Followers