Sunday 20 March 2016

May the force be with you.

My significant other turned 40 just before Christmas and I was really struggling to think of a funny but different card to make him. I'd seen a few on Pinterest that I kind of liked but something was just a bit wrong. Then I saw a card similar to my final creation and I just thought that's it, it's clean, simple and appropriate with the release of the new Star Wars film just a few days before his birthday. We are both massive Star Wars fans and had been looking forward to the new film for a while but I didn't want to go on opening night and bought tickets for a few days later.

Anway I'm rambling, so I stuck with clean and simple using the colours of the storm trooper outfits (black and white) I created this:

See simple!

I cut the top white card with the words on using my Cricut Expression machine, then I two pieces of black and another piece of white (making each piece bigger than the first) to get the layered effect. 
I then mounted this all onto a 6x6 card.
It took a bit of faffing to get the centres in each letter but I loved the end result and most importantly so did his highness :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers