Friday 24 January 2014

The brass tortoise

As you know there has been a theme to my last couple of posts thanks to Steampunkery by Christi Friesen.
This is another piece inspired by the characters you can find in the book. I was not as happy with this piece as I was with the others but I am using it as prototype for a better tortoise.


Tortie was made from brown Sculpey lightly dusted with mica powder to create the metallic finish. I used a clay tool to add the shell effect on the top. He has several watch parts on his body including around his eye. I added a 'leather' strap to give him a more steampunk feel.
Next time I think I will make him a little rounder, after cooking he seemed to have become a little flat.
I am currently working on some more ideas along the steampunkery lines so watch this space.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers